Co-Artistic Director & Dance Artist
Rae has performed in theatre for over 20 years in many productions. Selected credits include:
- ‘Love Never Dies’ - Acrobatics Captain and Swing, original cast (Really Useful Group, Adelphi Theatre, West End)
- 'INXILE - The Trail of Tears '-The Black Virgin (Álvaro Restrepo, LBS, Sadler’s Wells)
- 'Our House' - Mrs Pressman/Ensemble (Pimlico Opera)
- ‘Encore Mr Producer!’ – featured singer/dancer (Cameron Mackintosh & Jean Ann Ryan Productions)
- 'Ballo in Maschera’- Featured dancer and Assistant Choreographer (Royal Opera House)
Rae is co-Artistic Director of Chantry Dance, and works collaboratively with fellow co-Artistic Director, Paul Chantry, to create ballets as a principal dancer.
Outside of Chantry Dance, Rae works in a choreographic partnership with Paul Chantry. Together they have choreographed numerous productions. Selected credits include:
- Billionaire Boy for David Walliams and Birmingham Stage Company (Garrick Theatre, West End & UK Tours)
- 'Gangsta Granny’ for David Walliams and Birmingham Stage Company (Garrick Theatre and Harold Pinter Theatre, West End & UK Tours)
NOMINATED – “Best Touring Play”, What’s On Reader’s Awards
NOMINATED – “Best Children’s Show”, What’s On Reader’s Awards
NOMINATED – “Best Young People’s Theatre Production”, UK THEATRE AWARDS
WINNER – “Best Home Produced Show”, What’s On Reader’s Awards
- 'Horrible Histories - Terrible Tudors and Vile Victorians' (UK Tour)
- 'Horrible Histories - Horrible Christmas' (The Lowry Salford, Birmingham Old Rep, Derby Theatre & UK Tour)
- 'Peter Pan' for Little Wolf Entertainment (Derby Arena)
- 'Jack and the Beanstalk' for Little Wolf Entertainment (Derby Arena)
- 'Beauty and the Beast' for Little Wolf Entertainment (Derby Arena)
- 'The Last Days of Mankind' UK Premiere (Bristol Old Vic Theatre Royal)
- 'Peter Pan' (Greenwich Theatre)
- 'Cinderella' (Greenwich Theatre)
- 'Sister Act' and 'Our House' starring Suggs from Madness (Pimlico Opera)
- 'The Merry Widow' and 'Die Fledermaus' for the Philharmonia Orchestra and John Wilson (The Royal Festival Hall )
- 'The Queen of Spades' Assistant revival director (Teatro Dell'Opera Di Roma).
- 'Gloria - a pigtale' for Mahogany Opera Group (Royal Opera House Linbury Studio Theatre, Buxton Opera Festival, Bregenz Opera Festival)
- 'Shadowbox' for BESIX and performed for the Prince of Belgium.
Rae produced and starred in the award-winning short film, 'Whoever You Are' directed by Javier De Frutos. She won 'Best Producer' at the Las Vegas Movie Awards, and the film has won 29 other international awards. 'Whoever You Are' has its US Premiere in Hollywood in Sept 2022.
Click to learn more about Whoever You Are.
Rae holds a BSc (1st Class Hons) from The University of Birmingham in Sport and Exercise Sciences, and was winner of the Chancellor's Award for academic achievement. She is a qualified Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor & Nutritional Advisor, and Associate teacher of the International Dance Teachers’ Association with enhanced DBS check and full PLI. Rae has taught at many of the top UK vocational schools and international events, including:
- Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance
- Elmhurst Ballet School
- English National Ballet School
- Central School of Ballet
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- MOVE IT
- Art Studio Danza – Italy